But how much water do I even need?
Drinking water is vital for our health, especially while pregnant! According to ACOG - the ideal water goal in pregnancy is anywhere from 64-96 ounces per day! It can be hard to consistently drink enough water each and every day! After all, nobody is perfect!
Why you need to drink enough water!
- It supports smooth digestion
- It creates and amniotic fluid
- It helps maintain a normal temperature
- It lubricates and cushions your joints joints
- It Processes wastes through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements
When to drink MORE water than usual:
- In the heat of Summer
- When you are physically active.
- If you are running a fever.
- If you have diarrhea or vomiting
Try these tips if you are struggling to drink enough water everyday:
- Treat yourself to a new water bottle that makes you excited to drink more water
- Carry a water bottle with you everywhere and refill it throughout the day.
- Be intentional about choosing water when eating out. You’ll save money and reduce calories.
- Add fresh fruit to your water
- Add Essential Oils to your water (Be sure to only use GLASS or STAINLESS STEAL)
- Set reminders on your phone throughout the day to hit smaller goals
Water bottles to help reach your water goals:
- AQUAFIT 1 Gallon Water Bottle With Times To Drink and Straw
- MEITAGIE 32oz Motivational Water Bottle with Time Marker & Fruit Strainer
- STANLEY Adventure Tumbler
- Nalgene 32oz
- Brumate Toddy XL
Recommedations for Glass + Metal Water Bottles:
- Sursip 32oz Glass Water Bottle with Time Marker + Silicone Sleeve + Bamboo Lid
- Reeho Borosilicate Glass Water Bottle with Neoprene Sleeve and Stainless Steel Lid
- ALBOR Triple Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottles with 4 Leak-Proof Lids and 2 Straws.
- BinkMade MAMA BOTTLE | The Hydration Tracking Water Bottle for Pregnancy & Nursing